J. Timothy Esper ~ Owner and lead attorney
- Workers’ Compensation
- Specializing in Construction Accident Injuries
- Representing the Building Trades since 1988
Tim Esper is the owner and lead attorney of J. Timothy Esper & Associates. He brings over 39 years of legal experience to the firm and handles primarily workers' comp cases. He will provide practical advice at no charge to help you secure payment of your benefits without lengthy disputes. When companies don't pay, he will take your case to a hearing to win your benefits or the best possible recovery. He takes special care to explore all sources of income for injured workers including disability pensions, social security disabilty, and other disability and insurance benefits.
- Born and raised on Detroit’s West side
- St. Mary’s of Redford Elementary
- Detroit Catholic Central High School (1969)
- University of Michigan (1973)
- Wayne State Law School: Juris Doctor (1977); L.L.M. (1985)
- Worked as a construction laborer through college and law school as a member of Laborer’s Local 334 (now Local 1191).
- Practiced workers’ compensation law since 1977 representing numerous construction workers from all of the building trades.
- Joined Steve Sweeney, longtime partner at Dice, Sweeney, Sullivan and Feikens, in 1987, to form Sweeney, Sullivan & Esper, P.C., now J. Timothy Esper & Associates, P.C. Practice includes Workers’ Compensation, Social Security Disability and Personal Injury law.
- Current member of the Workers’ Compensation Council of the State Bar Workers’ Compensation Section.
- Avid golfer and loyal Detroit Tiger fan and season ticket holder.